"Start by doing what's necessary, then do what's possible and suddenly
you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
Do you know in postural deviations are two different types of scoliosis?
- MASSAGE can relieve the painful muscle spasms in the low back and abdomen.
- MOVEMENT THERAPY; a rigorous program of exercising the muscles that bend (flex) the lumbar and stretching the muscles that extend the lumbar and pelvis should be actively and passively stretched.
- Kyphosis is defined as an excessive upper back collapse; due to osteoporosis, infections or slumped posture over a long period of time.
- MASSAGE can help relieve painful muscle spasms in the overstretched muscles.
- MOVEMENT THERAPY; especially stretching of the chest muscles and active exercise of the posterior (back muscles) can help correct some forms of Kyphosis. Emphasizing in regaining strength and mobility of the entire spine, combined with deep breathing exercises (Yoga, Qigong and Thai Massage) can go a long way for all spinal miss-alignments.
These basic BUILDING BLOCKS are the very foundation for all the PILATES CORE-STRENGTH "modalities."
This exercise can act as a preparation for focusing into a muscle group.
- "Basic building blocks" A systematic approach in finding stability and re-pattern your body from the inside out.
- STABILIZATION of the PELVIS: Lying position you'll find low back naturally curved, which is neutral spine. Draw navel to spine enables the back muscles to "swell", be careful not to shove back into the floor.
- Sitting position, weighing into sacrum-end of spine by rolling down into your sitting surface and curve the abdomen against the spine. This feeling of "weighing" into the pelvis bones creates a needed foundation and prep for a rolling through the spine.
- Generate strength from squeezing a ball between the knees, which is then translated straight up into your structural-deep abdominal muscles. Which generates a "triangle" of strength between spine and legs.
- STABILIZATION of the THORAX: Using full capacity of lungs is paramount to creating movement in the thorax (ribs). Learn to let your inhale arise from within, and learn to separate parts of your body.
- LAST but not LEAST the knowledge about the overall STABILIZATION and re-BALANCING act: When bending into a joint- the muscles that are bent into need to be soften and the opposite muscles need to be strong, they need to fire in order to lift or extend a limb.